Hey Bookworms! I wanted to try my hand at one of the book tags from The Broke and The Bookish: http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html ! So I looked up what the one coming up for this week (the week I had to write my blog draft, Oct 28th), and it was: “Top Ten Books/Movies To Read Or Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit OR Top Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween?” So my readers, here’s a truth about myself I will share, I am a total scaredy cat. So if anything were to get me into the Halloween Spirit, it’d be the Disney Halloween movies; not a slasher film or anything that is remotely terrifying! To be safe and spare you guys who adore the scary part of Halloween. I decided to go for the more creative part of this tag! I mean now that I am on the older side of growing up, it tends to be frowned upon for my age group to dress up for Halloween. Unless of course it is for going out to a party, have a child or younger sibling/niece/nephew you are taking trick or treating, or if you want to give the neighborhood kids a scare when passing out candy. Sadly my dear readers I am doing none of these partly because I lack the second option and have no money for the other two… This doesn’t mean the bookworm in me doesn’t fantasize about becoming my favorite characters and going door to door to Trick or Treat for Books! So in this post you will get to see and know my top ten choices for a costume in no particular order except in which they pop into my head!
Literary Characters for Costumes!
- Tinkerbell from J.M. Barrie’s Peter Pan! I know this may seem like a cliché answer, but ever since reading the book for the first time, I am obsessed with anything Peter Pan and that includes any adaption. I love the first versions sense of attitude and the way she is willing to do anything to protect Peter!
2. Rose from the Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead! Ever since I read the books in high school, I’ve always wanted to be a Dhampmir! Rose is a total bad ass and is ready to do anything to protect her bff and okay I admit I am jealous of her hair!
3. Sydney Sage from The Bloodlines Series also by Richelle Mead! Okay okay some of you might count this as cheating but the Bloodline series is a spinoff from Vampire Academy making it a series of its own. I love Sydney’s growth within these books, her tattoo, her humor, and love of caffeine plus she gets to hang out with yummy Adrian Ivashakov one of my very first book boyfriends!
4. America Singer from The Selection Series by Kiera Cass! Another character that I have hair envy with, but also her dress on the last Book The One was to die for it literally made my mouth water. She won me over in the first book and it might be because of my bias that she plays my favorite instrument, but let’s just say I wouldn’t mind the Royal Treatment of getting dolled up for the night
5.Will from the W.I.T.C.H graphic novel series by Elizabeth Lenhard! This is a major throwback to my childhood this being one of my very first introductions to graphic novels, but I feel nostalgic. I would pick her transformed look and totally love to get the wings to flit about!
6.Kelsey from The Tiger’s Saga By Colleen Houck, in Book 2, Tiger’s Quest when she goes to Shangri La and gets dressed by the people. I loved the fairy-esque aspects of her outfit
7.Stevie Rae from the House of Night Series by PC and Kierstin Cast! I love her tattoos as well as her attitude she will do anything for the ones she love and is prepared to use her powers of Earth to prove it!
8. Diane Sarrassi from The Immortals by Tamora Pierce! She is Wildmage who can communicate with animals even reading these books at a young age I always admired her wild hair and her preference of animals to humans.
9.Elena Michaels from The Women of the Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong! She is one of my favorite werewolf characters and I werewolves are my favorite! Oh and she gets Clay Danvers as a mate! I have options with dressing up as her as well I can either go with the book Description or the show character!
10.Last but not least Daenerys Targaryen from The Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin! This book has a soft spot for me since it was the first adult fantasy I’ve read! Again being Daenerys gives me option I can pick and choose from the show and book outfits!
So my readers those, are my picks and it really was hard to choose off the top of my head. So which characters would you like to dress up as? Let me know in the comments below and have a fun and safe Halloween!
- Peter Pan By: M. Barrie Published By: Barnes & Noble Classics 5 October 2008
- Vampire Academy By Richelle Mead Published By: Razor Bill 16 August 2007
- Bloodlines By: Richelle Mead Published By: Razor Bill 23 August 2011
- The One By: Kiera Cass Published By: HarperTeen 6 May 2014
- The Power of Five (W.I.T.C.H., 1) By: Elizabeth Lenhard Published By: Volo 1 April 2004
- Tiger’s Quest By: Colleen Houck Published By: Sterling Publishing 7 June 2011
- Burned By: C. Cast and Kristin Cast Published By: Atom 27 April 2010
- Wild Magic By: Tamora Pierce Published By: Simon Pulse 1 January 2005
- Bitten By: Kelley Armstrong Published By: Plume 29 June 2010
- A Game of Thrones By: George R.R. Martin Published By: Bantam Spectra August 2005